Monday, October 7, 2013

top dog dies: sewing canvas

When I received my shipment of dies from Top Dog Dies, I was so excited to get started playing.
I immediately got to work with some sketches for project ideas.


And as soon as I saw this die set,
Top Dog Dies: Sew Much Fun die set TC019
I knew I wanted to make a little canvas for my friend's new sewing room in her newly renovated 1800's home.

I prepared the background with some gesso and used bubble wrap to "stamp" some pink dots.

Then I die cut the shapes using mostly papers from American Crafts' Dear Lizzy line.
I am amazed at how detailed the Top Dog Dies cut.

Then came the fun part of arranging the pieces to fit.

Some bits of floss and baker's twine, some ribbon, and a few brads to embellish it all.
I wrapped the canvas edge in washi tape, and dressed up the back with more washi and a piece of patterned paper.

 A cute little canvas to adorn her sewing room wall!

 Thanks for visiting!  I'll be back tomorrow with a super easy way to use dies for your embroidery projects.

ps. This little project is currently featured on the home page of the Top Dog Dies website!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!