Friday, February 15, 2013

crochet hats

I love an excuse to craft up a girly project.

And what's a better excuse than the birth of a sweet new baby girl?


I followed the pattern here, with one minor change: I did not join my rounds, but worked continuously in a spiral, using a stitch marker to mark the beginning of each round.  This eliminates the "line" that is created by joining and chaining 3 at the start of each round.

This little family welcomed their second girl, so of course I had to make a hat for big sister, too.

{bad early morning lighting on this one--was working against a deadline!}
The pattern for that hat is here.

I used two different, but similar flower patterns.

The one pictured above is from Crochet Adorned
Ranunculus pg. 127 (the first 5 rounds) & Small Leaf pg. 48

The second flower is made using this cute flower pattern from Skip to My Lou 


Much to my relief the hats fit both girls.  And they look adorable in them!

2 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!