Friday, February 4, 2011

Art Journal Friday

I am declaring Friday to be Art Journal day on my blog (at least for February).  I like to take these things in small doses.  I know I can't last with the photo a day thing, so I do it for a month.  Or the word of the year, mine is a month.  It's not that I'm easily bored, or that I might run out of ideas.  I guess I'm kind of a commitment-phobe.  Or, there are just too many ideas out there and I like to try as many as I can, and let's face it 24 hours in a day is just not enough time!  Anyway, onto this week's art journal.


I was super inspired by the new SMASH product from EK Success Brands, and their super cool video, so I made a smash page of stuff from my desk.  I didn't get up from my seat (rare for me, I usually create standing up), everything was within arms reach--it was helpful that my desk was a mess when I made this!
Lot's of little pieces of creative nothingness.  I love that most of the stuff on this page would have been tossed in the trash, but now it has a forever home.


I actually did two pages this week, in my effort to catch-up from a bad art journal January.  This page's background is torn from an Anthropologie catalog, dry brushed with white acrylic, and then I wrote and doodled around the edges.  My doodles are a work in progress.
If you are looking for more art journal inspiration, visit Julie Fei Fan Balzer's blog.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the inspiration...I want to Smash it up:)

    Also, love the "I want to be an Artist..." page

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!