Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Inspiration Everywhere Progress

I made some time this week to set a few other projects aside and work on Jessica Sprague's class Inspiration Everywhere.  I'm going hybrid with this--what can I say, I like dimension.  Here's my progress so far:

 The Cover:
I wanted the binding on the short edge of the page, so my silly brain flipped the design to landscape mode.  I know I could have just kept it as is and bound it at the top (sometimes I'm really good at overthinking things).  But now that I see it, I really like the horizontal format.

Close-Up:
 I put next year's date on this--figured this year is all but gone, and it'll be nice to have a fresh new journal to start the new year off with.  Stitched the label with floss, and of course added some butterflies and bling.

Dedication:
This is the inside front cover.  Jessica designed that coral piece as a pocket to hold the dedication of the journal--she's so stinkin' clever!  Another blinged butterfly, but still need to write my dedication.  I'm thinking there will be a few small cards sticking out of there for: my husband, my children, myself.

I cut a translucent piece of acrylic to protect the cover, covered a piece of bookboard for the back cover.  Sandwiched between the covers is a large stack of cardstock for the pages.  I decided to do all cardstock on this one so I can do lots of collage and painting and create a big old mess--so excited!

1 comment:

  1. Great job Michelle. I need to carve out some time to catch up.
    Cindy F

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!