Monday, August 9, 2010

Crochet Project: i-Pod Cozies

This weekend I had a crochet epiphany of sorts when I realized that you can crochet in the round by joining with a slip stitch into the chain closest to your beginning knot.  These kinds of things excite me.  Whipped up these two little i-pod cozies for my boys (they made the yarn selections).

This one is nice and padded and fits snuggly:

And this one, not so much.  I'll probably remake it for him.
But this whole crochet in the round concept opens up a bunch of possibilities for necklaces, bracelets, headbands, cuffs,

So here's what you do: leave a tail of yarn and chain a string of stitches double the length of what you need.  Without twisting the chain slip stitch into the very first chain farthest from the hook (sheesh, wish I had a pic of this).  Now crochet around this loop however you would like.  I used single crochets on both, but added two rounds of double crochet to create stripes on the orange one.  To finish, use the tail of yarn to sew up the bottom of the pouch.
 
If you make one, I would love to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!