Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fun at the Farm

This layout is inspired by this week's sketch over at Ella.
I started out following the sketch pretty closely, just substituting 2-4x4's for the second vertical 4x6, and stacking 2-5 x 3 1/2's for the 5x7. But as I shifted and rearranged, added and subtracted my photos, this was the result. I guess you could say I took some liberties with the sketch. But that's what it's all about, right? Sketches shouldn't make you feel trapped and challenged. They should be a jumping-off point, a design guideline to help you get your layout going.


I embossed a shipping tag with the Big Shot,
then layered elements onto it from a Making Memories kit.

I repeated the shipping tags in the title, and as a place for my journaling.

4 comments:

  1. Nice sketch "tweek" (tweak?) The tags are cool too---love me some tractors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the sketch! And I completely agree, sketches are just meant to give you a starting point. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!