Monday, October 5, 2009

I interrupt your blog reading to bring you this fantabulous project

Ok, have you ever seen something that someone has created and loved it so much that you just had to make one, too. And it didn't matter that you had a huge list of things to do including unloading the dishwasher, changing sheets on a bed, laundry, mopping the kitchen floor, cleaning up a stUdio that saw a lot of busy-ness over the weekend. No, none of that matters because instead you have to clear a spot just big enough to set up your sewing machine and make a quick little something in a matter of minutes, and then jump on the computer so that you can share it with everyone you know. Well, that's just how awesome this little project is. Run, don't walk, over to Lolly {Queen of Crafty Goodness} Chops' place right now and check out her BE*U*T*ful stacked fabric butterflies. She is so awesome that she not only included a little step-by-step, but also some templates so that you have no excuse not to whip-up some of these fluttery friends today! I know, I am being pushy here, but seriously, these are so quick and easy and you will just love them. Here's mine: completed in about five minutes flat (it would have been faster, but I had trouble finding a button I liked). I am thinking of a hundred and one ways to use these babies. Here's what I've got so far:
  1. embellies on a scrapbook page
  2. focal point on a card
  3. sewn onto a pillow in a grid
  4. pencil topper
  5. accent on a purse/bag/tote
  6. sewn to one of those cheesy elastic headbands
  7. hot glued to a barrette
  8. magnets for the fridge
  9. glued to a thumb tack
  10. hanging from a mobile
  11. glued to a lamp shade
  12. glued to a pin back for a brooch

Ok, you get the idea. So what are you waiting for? Get sewing!

3 comments:

  1. glad to see Lolly's back in the saddle...I liked her Christmas trees using the same method..you could even do some Halloween themed shapes..thanks for the linke

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can swap them at my craft swap. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG that is so pretty!!! I MUST try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!