Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Charmed Life

This month, the challenge over at Point Blank Period involves letting go of your worries. I'm not a big worrier, perhaps because I don't really have too much to worry about. Perhaps that is my biggest worry.

Here's the prompt in their words:
RULES:Use something in your layout, photo or journal that is RED. Add your take of felt or string and wrap it around your way. 3 photos or a representation of the number 3. TWISTS:Make something large and make something small .. add ORANGE and a bonus color of your choice.
And here's my take:

I placed this page on the flip side of my first layout, so I can bind these prompt pages into an album (thanks, Beth for this idea!). I enlarged the photo and reduced the opacity to create the background {something large and something small}. Some swipes with the paint brush over letter stickers creates the masked effect (and fulfills this challenge at The Creative Type). There's three punched butterflies {representation of 3}, and plenty of {orange} with a splash of {bonus color} teal. And of course I had to include a fabric butterfly {red}. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of these in the stUdio--so grateful to Lolly! The only thing I'm missing is felt or string, but I'm sticking with my record of breaking the rules at least once in a challenge!
You have all month to complete the Point.Blank.Period prompt, so hop on over and get your mojo on!
Forgot to add that I listened to this song while creating this page. Hubby woke up this morning and asked why I kept playing that song over and over again last night. It fed my mojo, it spoke to me, esp. the "not to worry, 'cause worry is wasteful and useless in times like these" part, I don't know, I needed it for this piece.

5 comments:

  1. Oh it came out so great. I really like it!! Come see my pumpkin poop. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layout!!! Thanks for playing along with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this took my breath away... <3
    love the enlarged picture and the heartfelt journaling.
    thanks for playing along with us over at THe CrEatiVe TyPe!!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool layout - of course love the way you used masking but I also like the repeated image and the journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. very nice--I love the way the masking emphasizes your journaling!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!