Monday, March 23, 2009

Scrapbooking Streak

I'm not really sure what exactly has come over me this past week, but I am scrapbooking a blue streak. The photos are just flying out of their neat little photo envelopes and onto layouts, and I am not about to question any of it! So here's why my blogs have been so sparse lately:

First Day of Preschool:

I usually incorporate their "favorites" at the moment into this annual page, and didn't remember that until just before going to bed. Of course, when I awoke in the morning to put the finishing touches on the layout and adhere everything down (I often do this to get a fresh look at my work to make sure I'm happy with everything), I had completely forgotten that I was going to list the favorites where the title ended up being. Oh well, there's always another layout for that, or I could add hidden journaling under that focal block on the left hand page.

Halloween Playgroup Party:


This layout quickly came together after putting my two oldest on the bus and while my youngest watched a bit of tv. It is extremely rare that I can get any scrapbooking done, let alone an entire layout, when my children are up and about. He must've known how much his mama needed this creative time. This layout is based on one from April's CK. I just picked up a pack of yo-yo's at JoAnn's and was thrilled that one was a perect color fit to this layout:

I was able to use up some felt flowers I bought quite a while back, some ancient letter stickers, and a Happy Halloween button that's been sitting in my stash. I love using up older supplies!

Christmas Cards 2008:

I pulled this layout from a sketch I had drawn up. I will create this layout annually to document our Christmas cards. Our card goes in the upper left corner. 1 1/2" circles punched from the store bought cards are arranged grid style on the right hand side of the page, and a listing of who we received cards from that year goes in the lower left block. Everything is neatly sectioned with narrow strips of patterned paper (or in this case sticky border left over from the "I Wish" Simply Scrappin' Kit). I cut all of the photo cards down to 4 x 6 and these will slip into these 6-up page protectors right behind this layout in our Christmas album. Of course, my 1 1/2" circle punch bit the dust so the celery scallop in the middle looks a bit out of place. It will hold a circle with the year stamped on it. Dig out all those Christmas cards and create some layouts!

Tougas Farm:


I was inspired by this week's sketch challenge over at Splitcoast. This layout was a snap with the Summer Home SSK (retired). The colors in the kit were perfect for a trip to the apple orchard, and I love when I can use flowers on my boys' pages!

Remember This:

And the layout that started it all. I began this after my Scrapbook Club left on Monday night. This is the adorable kit that I will use for my next batch of SBC layouts: "Hoppy Memories". This layout shows how my middle son used to take off his socks. This sketch (my own) is perfect for shots that show a series (ie. riding a bike, going down a slide, etc). I am so in love with this cute kit!

So there you have it, how I spent my week. Thanks so much for reading this lengthy post. Hope you are inspired to go create some pages!

1 comment:

  1. I love your layout style! I am all about lots of pictures on a page!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting my blog. I love that you are leaving a little note to let me know you were here!